Destin is beautiful and it’s easy to fall in love while you are relaxing on the beach enjoying the sugar white sands and emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Fall is the perfect time of year for couples to visit the Gulf Coast, as the weather is just right, there are fewer crowds, and fall festivals offer plenty of fun. Here are a few of our favorite picks for a romantic day or night in Destin.
Sunset Dolphin Cruise. A dolphin cruise is awesome enough on its own, but add in a breathtaking Destin sunset and you will make memories that will last a lifetime!
Dinner on the Gulf of Mexico. While you are in Destin, you simply must try some fresh seafood. There are plenty of restaurants that offer Gulf front dining, so you can watch the waves while you enjoy your meal (hint: go at dusk). Another wonderful way to have dinner on the beach is to bring a picnic, set out a blanket, and enjoy the view.
Get festive! Fall is festival season, so check out the Baytowne Art Walk or celebrate Oktoberfest on the beach! Visit our Destin events calendar for more local happenings!
If you are looking for a vacation rental in Majestic Sun or anywhere in the Destin area, please call 850-270-5227 now and hear about our great rates and VIP cards!
Summer is great, but you can still fall in love with events in Destin after summer ends! In the cooler months, Destin heats up with beer festivals, wine festivals, and the main event – The Destin Fishing Rodeo!
Kick off autumn right with Oktoberfest at Harborwalk Village on September 16th and enjoy live music, art, crafts, German food and local food, and delicious beers!
Challenge yourself to the 31st Annual Sandestin Triathlon on September 23rd at 6 am. The triathlon will include a half-mile Gulf of Mexico swim, a 20-mile bike along the coast, and a 4-mile run through Sandestin’s beach and bayside community.
Start October with the Destin Seafood Festival on the 6th – 8th, and keep the party going for the whole month with the Destin Fishing Rodeo – one of the largest spot fishing tournaments in the world!
While you are here, you don’t want to miss the 10th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Fest on October 13th and 14th and the 22nd Annual Festival of the Arts on October 28th and 29th!
If you are visiting the Gulf Coast this fall, be sure to check out our amazing selection of vacation rentals, including gorgeous condos at Majestic Sun in Destin!
Just because summer is over doesn’t mean the fun stops! Here are the top 5 reasons to visit Destin this fall:
1. Fewer Crowds. During the fall months, there are fewer crowds, shorter lines, and less traffic. Everything is still open – it’s the same beach – Just fewer people.
2. Cooler Weather. The Gulf Coast has great weather year round and the summer is hot hot hot. If you enjoy your beach days a little cooler than 90 degrees, fall is when you want to book your vacation rental in Destin.
3. Fall festivals. Destin and 30A have wonderful festivals in the fall – including the Destin Seafood Festival and Fishing Rodeo in October. Food, beer, and fun!
4. Specials. Many local places offer fall and winter specials. Some restaurants even offer BOGO deals and amazing happy hours during the off season. We offer specials too! Call us to see what we can do for you!
5. It’s Destin. Anytime is a good time! If you have some vacation time coming up or are just ready to relax on the beach, fall is a great time to visit Destin.
If you are relaxing in a condo or home in Destin and experience some rain, don’t fret! You can still have a magical vacation! Here are a few of our favorite things to do when the beach needs some time to dry.
1. See a movie at one of our awesome movie theaters. Destiny Commons has a theater with a full bar inside and Grand Boulevard has a great movie theater too! * local tip – Grand Boulevard has a $5 movie deal on Tuesday.
2. Go bowling! Uncle Buck’s is a great place to spend a rainy afternoon. This underwater themed bowling alley is located in Destin Commons and offers fun, food and more! You can also go bowling at Hurricane Lanes, which also has a family friendly sports bar area and pool tables.
3. Enjoy some great food. When it’s raining out, you can still enjoy some amazing fresh seafood inside! Try one of the local restaurants and wait for the rain to pass. *local tip Fudpucker’s Beachside Bar & Grill has an arcade inside so you can relax and the kids can play games.
4. Take a spa day! A rainy day is a great excuse to enjoy a massage and pamper yourself. Destin has several spas that take walk-ins.
5. Go to a Museum. The Air Armament Museum in Fort Walton Beach is worth the drive. If you are into history, the military, or just like cool planes, this is a must see!